- Any bot already uploaded to SSCAIT automatically participates if enabled.
- If you want to opt-out, just drop me a mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to participate but have not uploaded your bot to SSCAIT, drop me a mail and I’ll try to add your bot.
- Bots get assigned ranks, similar to those in SC:R
- Within a rank, the place of the bot is determined by its ELO
- If a bot climbs or drops in rank, it will be locked in that rank for the next 200 games - this prevents hysteresis and allows you to adapt to the new challenge. It also means, new bots are UNRANKED for their first 200 games.
- Ranks are only updated once a day
- All games are 1v1.
- Starcraft Brood War version 1.16.1 is used.
- No time limit per frame is used due to technical limitations.
- Real-time limit is 30 minutes - after that a game will be killed. Neither bot gets a win or loss. Bots that seem to cause this very often will be disabled. Intenionally causing this timeout to avoid losing will result in the bot being banned.
- Game-time limit is 60 minutes - after which the player with the highest ingame kills+razings score will be assigned winner. If the score is identical, the Realtime limit rule applies.
- Draws are only possible if bots have the same score and the same time spent per frame (almost impossible) - and are not counted as win/loss.
- Speed setting is LF3 (Normal).
- Map pool being used is that of SSCAIT.
- Random race is not possible, random bots will get a random race selected before the game is launched.
- A crash counts as a loss, unless both bots crash.
- Every played game is counted as “played”, even if it crashes.
- Generally, the rules of SSCAIT apply.
bwapi-data/write will be copied to your
bwapi-data/read directory. By default, the
read directory will not be cleared, when a bot is updated!
- Bots are automatically updated every 6 hours.
- As with SSCAIT no other bot author can view or download either the
read or the
write folders of your bot.
- All replays can be downloaded by everyone.
- Game, bot and crash logs can also be downloaded by everyone.
- Accessing the internet/network is generally prohibited. (With some notable exception I won’t disclaim)
- Hardware resources:
- 1 CPU core of an
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X.
- 1 GB of RAM (- memory used by OS).
- Up to 100MB of disk space total for your
- Special options (applied by adding
- RESET - Clear the directory on the next update (note: this will only delete the first time the new update is received)
- PB-KEY-<KeyId> - Publish the read directory, compressed and encrypted. This will use the key (given by KeyId - without white space) with the given key id (or fingerprint, or long id), downloaded from a public PGP keyserver (pgp.mit.edu). Using that the read directory will be compressed to
7z file and then encrypted. Read directories are currently published once a day. For example: PB-KEY-ABCD01234 for the key id
- PUBLISH-READ - Publish the read directory, compressed but not encrypted. Please note that anyone can download the file and see what your bot wrote/learned.
- *MAP-POOL:;...* - Add this if you want to support additional map pools. Ie. `MAP-POOL:2019Season1` to support the current human ladder map pool besides SSCAIT's pool. Note: Your bot is always expected to work on SSCAIT maps and any map pool you add here.
- Bots get disabled when
- you request your bot to be disabled
- they have a win-rate of below 15% in the last 100 games. If you update the bot it will get re-enabled and only the games since the update will count.