First of all, please change your bookmark to https://www.basil-ladder.net/. The old URL will redirect here for a while.
For starters, a lot of “older” bots have been disabled on SSCAIT which carried over to BASIL. I’m not entirely sure about reasons, but it plays far fewer games than BASIL does and focusing on the more active bots might indeed be preferable.
I’m a bit late, Basil already is 15 months old. It’s well established in the Starcraft bot community (which you should join if you didn’t already). May it live for many moons to come.
The time has come to prove your bot on new playgrounds - if you want to.
BASIL no longer supports BWAPI 4.3.0. But: BASIL now supports BWAPI 4.4.0. Thanks again Hannes Bredberg for the new release!
BASIL now supports BWAPI 4.3.0. Thanks Hannes Bredberg for the new release!
Most of these changes were mentioned on Discord. Time for an update post!
I did a major rewrite of how BASIL server was working. The previously aggregated data would be hard to integrate and was flawed anyways, so it was ‘discarded’. You can still get all previously aggregated data, it’s packed in a large
bz2file and available in Replays & Results.
Going live of BASIL. It works “good enough” for now:
- Most bots from SSCAIT are supported and should run fine.
- I found at least one bot which is not working: AyyyLmao (a problem with loading the DLL in java).
- Based on SC_DOCKER (if it doesn’t work out, I’ll consider switching to VMs).
- Game results are available as
JSONfiles in Replays&Results above.
- Replays are also obviously available there.
- Game and bot logs as well as crash logs are also available inside.
- ELO ratings for all participating bots are available.
- Bugs, misconfiguration/-calculation and crashes are plenty 😅
subscribe via RSS